Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Why Peter Dinklage is Amazing





There are alot of good actors on TV. Take Bryan Cranston for example. He was a little known character actor known mostly for his role as the dim-witted, but loveable dad on Malcolm in the Middle. Now hes dominating the silver screen as Walter White in Breaking Bad. Or Matt Smith from Doctor Who, I know that's an odd choice, but seriously, go watch that show and tell me Smith isn't brilliant as The Doctor. One of the best examples I can think of is Michael C. Hall as Dexter on Showtime's..well...Dexter. But my favorite actor on TV right now by far, is Peter Dinklage.

Who, you ask? To that I answer, where the hell have you been? If you haven't seen Game of Thrones by now your missing out, and even if you haven't chances are you've been hearing about Peter Dinklage's performance as the dwarf Tyrion Lannister.

Its no secret to anyone I know that he is by far my favorite character on the show. I've praised him twice now on this blog alone. So, I thought I'd better just write my thoughts on him and why I think he's the best actor on TV.

A performance like Dinklage's in Game of Thrones comes very very rarely. Like Michael C. Hall in Dexter for example, when that show came out, no matter what people thought of the show everyone was pretty much unanimous, Hall was amazing. Dinklage is no different. If you've read the books you have an idea of Tyrion's wit, charm, intelligence, and all around badassery. He's one of the most fleshed out and well written characters in the book and is most people's favorite and no matter what nefarious deed he does you always like him.

Dinklage's performance is special, because even though Game of Thrones is full of amazing performances and pretty much every actor does their job exceedingly well, he steals every scene he's in. Every. Single. Scene. I praised Sean Bean for making me believe the character of Ned Stark in the first season, but Peter Dinklage went beyond that. He essentially is the character of Tyrion. Everything about his performance is absolutely flawless, right down to the tiniest of details. He embodies Tyrion perfectly. From the mannerisms, the wit, oh especially the wit, to the sarcasm and manipulation. Dinklage pulls it off perfectly. Everything right down to his accent is done with every ounce of raw, pure talent in his body.

Peter Dinklage is an amazingly talented actor and explodes like a nuclear bomb as Tyrion. He brings all his raw energy and superb talent to the role and it shows. He already won an Emmey for his role, and if God is real, will continue to win awards until hes won every single one available. If Game of Thrones was a movie I have no doubt he would win an Academy Award.

Peter Dinklage continues to prove himself as a brilliant force to be reckoned with in the acting world and is by far my favorite actor on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment